Frangible, Impact Absorbing Bollards
SlowStop® Rebounding Steel Bollards solve the problems building designers and property managers face when trying to protect buildings and assets without damaging foundations and creating costly repair scenarios. SlowStop® bollards are a unique surface mounted design that gives slightly upon impact, reducing damage to vehicles, foundations, and the bollards themselves. Easy to install and maintain, surprisingly strong, SlowStop® bollards offer superior life cycle value and even easy to replace modular components.
See a video demonstration of this remarkable new product HERE.
Parking Garages and Structural Concrete Buildings
Since the advent of pre- and post-tensioned parking garages, structural engineers have struggled with how to provide for utility, toll gate, and wall protection without the potential for structural failure. SlowStop® bollards are designed to be frangible at the base prior to anchor pull-out, allowing engineers to use various size SlowStop® bollards to block and absorb impacts in their structural concrete designs.
These bollards are an ideal solution for protecting assets and aisleways in structural concrete buildings. Read more about frangible bollards for structural concrete buildings at our off-page blog HERE.
Store Parking Lots
The rebounding SlowStop® bollard is an ideal solution for utility and asset protection in mall and box store parking lots. Damage to customer vehicles is decreased due to the energy absorbing action of the bollards, but also the bollards stay upright and provide a maintained look store owners desire. We also offer a 4" bollard signpost to create an attractive ADA compliant Disabled Parking sign. This provides the added cost advantage of eliminating the need for wheel stops, long a liability as a trip hazard.
Loading Docks and Warehouses
Heavy truck traffic at loading docks can damage even deeply buried embedded pipe bollards, requiring expensive repairs.
Our 6" SlowStop® Bollard is strong enough to stop an 80,000 pound truck at just under 2 mph without any damage to the structure. Use these for dock protection, stair guards, and corner turn protection. Our smaller bollards are ideal inside warehouses for the numerous problems maintenance managers face from fork lift damage to racks and equipment.
Learn more about how SlowStop® Rebounding Bollards can benefit your building designs HERE or call us at 1-800-736-5256. We offer a full suite of CAD Details, Three Part CSI Specifications, and can even provide guidance on anchor calculations.
- Trade Show Season is Finally Here
- Impact Recovery Systems Acquires SoftStop
- Seven Major Uses for Safety Bollards
- Traffic Bollards: Ideal Pedestrian Safety Products
- How Safety Bollards Protect Your Employees
- Parking Bollards Help Ensure Parking Lot Safety
- Public Security and the Safety Bollard: Practicality Meets Beauty
- Six Factors to Consider When Choosing Traffic Bollards
- Frangible, Impact Absorbing Bollards
- Safety Bollards for Contraflow Bicycle Lanes
- The Effectiveness of Bollard Covers
- Continuing Education Credits - Rebounding Bollards Course
- A Better Way to Make Handicap Parking Bollard Signs
- Proper Bollard Spacing
- Ideal Applications for Traffic Bollards: Warehouses and Industrial
- Ideal Applications for Traffic Bollards: Drive-Thrus
- Ideal Applications for Traffic Bollards: Parking Lots
- Ideal Applications for Traffic Bollards: Traffic Denial
- AIA Expo 2012
- Bollard Types and Ideal Applications
- Gaining Peace of Mind with Traffic Bollards
- The Importance of Bollard Signs
- Can the Safety Bollard be Too Sturdy?
- When to Utilize the Safety Bollard
- Traffic Bollards Aren’t What They Used to Be
- How Pedestrian Bollards Protect Drivers and Pedestrians
- How Bollard Signs Help Your Patrons
- The Importance of Properly Spacing Pedestrian Bollards
- Flexible Delineators or Safety Bollards: When to Use Each